Attend a legislative hearing HB 2209 this Thursday, February 7, 2019, at 3 p.m.
Join us: Oil Safety Hearing this Thursday, February 7, 2019
- What: House Committee on Veterans and Emergency Preparedness Hearing on HB 2209
- When: Thursday, February 7 at 3:00 p.m.
- Where: Oregon State Capitol, 900 Court Street NE, Room 453, Salem, Oregon 97301, HR F (map)
- View the agenda.
HB 2209 falls short of taking meaningful action on oil train safety. We urge legislators to amend the bill to require the same concepts as HB 2858:
- Establish strengthened, DEQ- approved oil spill contingency plans;
- Require railroads to pay fees for emergency response;
- Ensure railroads carry enough insurance to cover a true worst-case spill involving an entire train load of oil under the worst conditions; and
- Begin 24-hour notification of oil trains passing through the state.
Please take action by writing your legislator today, and come to the hearing on February 7.
Sign a petition urging the Oregon Legislature to pass meaningful laws to improve oil train safety in Oregon.