No Methanol Land and Water Action Community Camp-Out: May 18, 2019, in Kalama, WA.
CROWD TO RALLY AGAINST METHANOL REFINERY ALONG COLUMBIA RIVER 5/18
What: Hear from local leaders of the methanol fight in Kalama, WA making a statement against the world’s largest proposed fracked gas-to-methanol refinery at the “No Methanol Land and Water Action.” Governor Inslee recently announced his opposition to the fracked gas-to-methanol refinery proposal, and activists will gather to support his strong statement and call on the WA Department of Ecology to reject the permit for the proposed project.
When: Saturday, May 18, 2019, from 2 - 5 p.m.
Who: Rally speakers to include diverse voices standing up for communities and deny this fossil fuel refinery because of the impacts on local residents’ health, property rights and our climate.
- Cambria Keely, student activist and lifelong resident of Kalama, WA
- Rev. Kathleen Patton, pastor from Cowlitz County
- Charlene DeRosier, Owner of Camp Kalama
- Dr. Annemarie Dooley, WA Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Dakota Case, Puyallup Water Warrior
Where: Camp Kalama RV Park and Campground is located at 5055 Meeker Drive Kalama, WA 98625. This family-run campground is the closest non-industrial business to the proposed methanol refinery.
Why: Fishing fanatics, antique seekers, and McMenamins Passport holders flock to Kalama to enjoy river access, a picturesque downtown, and friendly people. The world’s largest fracked gas-to-methanol refinery threatens Kalama, our climate, and the Columbia.
Power Past Fracked Gas is a growing coalition of Pacific Northwest health, environmental, faith, and community groups that believe in the power of clean energy and the value of clean water. We oppose new fracked gas infrastructure that locks our region into decades of continued reliance on dirty energy and harmful projects.
- May 8, 2019, via WA Governor “Inslee announces opposition to two gas projects in Washington including Kalama Methanol and Tacoma LNG”
- May 8, 2019, via Power Past Fracked Gas “Washington Communities Applaud Governor Inslee’s Opposition to Fracked Gas Projects”
- Inslee Opposes Kalama Methanol FAQ, via Columbia Riverkeeper
No Methanol on Land and Water: Saturday, May 18, 2019: 2-5 p.m.
Camp Kalama RV Park, 5055 Meeker Dr, Kalama, WA 98625