Virtual Screening and Panel Discussion Fundraiser: "Necessity Part II: Rails, Rivers, & the Thin Green Line"
Looking for something to do on a cool fall evening? Join us for the virtual screening and panel discussion fundraiser for "Necessity Part II: Rails, Rivers & the Thin Green Line," a film by Jan Haaken. Funds raised from this event will support the Necessity film series and Columbia Riverkeeper.
Here is how it works:
- Register for the event, click on orange "Register" box below.
- Once you RSVP, you will receive information about how to watch "Necessity II" online.
- You will have one week to watch the film prior to the event.
- Attend the event to participate in a panel discussion with the filmmaker and several folks featured in the film.
We have an amazing lineup of panelists for this event, including:
- Jan Haaken, Professor Emeritus of Psychology, Portland State University and documentary filmmaker
- Cathy Sampson-Kruse, Waluulapum Band, Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation, Associate Producer, and champion of the Thin Green Line movement.
- Direlle Calica, Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs, Director, Institute for Tribal Government, Portland State University
- Lauren Regan, Executive Director and Senior Staff Attorney with Civil Liberties Defense Center
- Jan Zuckerman, Local activist, retired teacher, and a founder of the Environmental School
Watch the trailer:
Funds raised from this event will support the Necessity film series and Columbia Riverkeeper.