Citing the impacts of the Northwest’s only remaining commercial nuclear reactor on the Columbia River at Hanford, Columbia Riverkeeper, the Northwest Environmental Defense Center, and Northwest Environmental Advocates filed a lawsuit on October 30, 2014 over the facility’s pollution discharge permit. The suit asks the court to overturn a state decision to ignore expert advice from federal government scientists on potentially lethal impacts to threatened salmon and to allow toxic discharges.
- National Marine Fisheries Service Letter to EFSEC (Feb. 28, 2014)
- Clean Water Groups Complaint Initiating Lawsuit (Oct. 30, 2014)
- Clean Water Groups Public Comment on Pollution Permit (April, 18, 2014)
- Clean Water Groups Supplemental Public Comment (May 20, 2014)
- EFSEC's Final Pollution Permit for Columbia Generating Station (Sept. 30, 2014)
- EFSEC's Fact Sheet Explaining Pollution Permit (Sept 30, 2014)