Invite: Hanford Meetings: 10/16 in Portland; 11/1 in Hood River
The U.S. Department of Energy (Energy) wants to reclassify high-level waste at the Hanford Nuclear Site. We need your help to stop this short-sighted plan. Energy's proposal sets the stage for the federal government to leave more than 70,000 gallons of nuclear waste in Hanford’s tanks for hundreds of years. Join us in calling on Energy to withdraw this proposal. Submit a comment and and read our fact sheet here.
For a deeper dive into the waste reclassification proposal at Hanford, join us at upcoming meetings:
- What: ODOE Hanford Public Meeting
- When: Tuesday, October 16, 2018, Meeting, 6:30 – 9 p.m. (Doors open at 6 p.m.)
- Where: Eliot Center at the First Unitarian Church, 1226 SW Salmon Street, Portland, OR 97205 (use Salmon Street entrance)
- RSVP today!
- What: Hanford Regional Dialogue Meeting
- When: Thursday, Nov. 1, 2018 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Best Western Plus Hood River Inn The Gorge Room 1108 E. Marina Drive Hood River, OR, 97031
- RSVP today!
Hear from state and federal agency representatives about their perspectives on Energy’s proposal to reclassify high-level waste at Hanford. Thank you for speaking up to protect the Columbia River from Hanford’s radioactive and toxic pollution. I look forward to seeing you!