Celebrate the End of Kalama Methanol!
You’re Invited: Celebrate the End of Kalama Methanol!
Your efforts have paid off in a huge way—you stopped the world’s largest fracked gas-to-methanol refinery! Seven years of activism, community involvement, and legal strategizing led to one of the most inspiring victories in recent memory.
Now, it’s time to celebrate!
Virtual Celebration: The End of Kalama Methanol
Thursday, September 23, 6 - 7 p.m.
Top 5 Reasons to Celebrate:
- You won! It took seven years of dedication and hard work to stop this catastrophe from happening.
- You prevented a massive amount of pollution: 4.6 million metric tons CO2 pollution added to our atmosphere every year for 40 years = 182 million metric tons of CO2!
- You made history! Hear stories from activists, organizers, and others about what it took to stop this massive project.
- You deserve it! You worked hard for this, now it is time to celebrate what you have accomplished.
- The defeat of NWIW is a hopeful example of the power we have when we come together to protect what we love. Thank you all for being a part of it.
We hope you can join us on September 23, from 6 - 7 p.m. to hear stories from folks involved in the fight, share favorite memories, and celebrate with each other.
Stunning new fossil fuel proposals threaten the Columbia. The good news? We are fighting and winning!