Support Ecology’s Decision to Develop a New Environmental Study for Kalama Methanol
Sign our petition supporting the Washington Department of Ecology's decision to develop a new environmental study for Kalama Methanol
Quick Facts about Fracked-Gas-to-Methanol Refinery Proposal in Washington State:
- September 11, 2019 - Ecology begins review of Shorelines Conditional Use Permit.
- October 9, 2019 - Ecology requests more information to address major gaps in Supplemental EIS.
- November 4, 2019 - Cowlitz County and NWIW respond to Ecology but decline to provide additional data and analysis to address Ecology’s questions.
- November 22, 2019 - Ecology announces "Additional environmental review required for Kalama methanol project”
- Project proponents: Northwest Innovation Works, a subsidiary of the Chinese government-controlled Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- This project would consume 320 million cubic feet of fracked gas per day—more than all other industrial uses in the State of Washington combined.