Earth Day at Nichols Natural Area
Gather your friends and family and join us to celebrate Earth Day and give back to the Columbia River!
- WHAT: Please join Columbia Riverkeeper and event business sponsor, Working Hands Fermentation, for a river cleanup and invasive weed pull at the Nichols Natural Area near the Hood River Waterfront. Help beautify the river and create room for healthy and diverse riparian habitat. We hope you can join us!
- WHEN: Saturday, April 22, 2023, from 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- WHERE: Nichols Natural Area, in front of the Hampton Inn, near the Hood River pedestrian bridge.
- DIRECTIONS: From Downtown Hood River, go north on Second Street and cross over I-84. Turn right on Riverside Drive followed by a right on N First St. Nichols Natural Area is in front of the Hampton Inn (1 Nichols Pkwy).
- HOW: We will provide bags, gloves, and snacks. Some tools will be provided but feel free to bring your own. Please register below.
About Nichols Natural Area
Our vision for the Nichols Natural Area: engage, educate, and inspire the diverse communities of the Columbia River Gorge to turn a former industrial site into vibrant riverfront habitat.