To protect and restore the water quality of the Columbia River and all life connected to it, from the headwaters to the Pacific Ocean.
A Columbia River that unites people to fight for clean water, abundant fish and wildlife, and our climate.
Embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion at every level of our work. Communities are the backbone of what we do. As an organization that advocates for the health and safety of river communities, we must fight for social justice and take a stand against racism.
You Are Making A Difference
Columbia Riverkeeper is powered by members who invest in clean water and a healthy climate because the fight is urgent and the time is now. You accomplished great things.
Fighting Fossil Fuels
- 30 million tons of greenhouse gas pollution prevented by defeating the Perennial gas power plant
- 3 State Attorney Generals (Washington, Oregon, and California) announced opposition to the GTN Gas Pipeline expansion project on the heels of advocacy by Columbia Riverkeeper and our partners
- 0 fracked gas-to-methanol refineries proposed in the Pacific Northwest after the defeat of Northwest Innovation Works’ third, and final, proposal to site a refinery near Clatskanie, OR
- 4th largest city in Washington State, Vancouver, adopted a ban on new, large fossil fuel terminals after years of community organizing by Columbia Riverkeeper and our partners
- 2 dams on the Lewis River, an important Columbia tributary, where PacifiCorp must build fish passage for salmon, steelhead, and bull trout because of pressure from Tribes and allies
- 837 acres of prime farmland and salmon habitat protected when Columbia Riverkeeper won a legal challenge opposing the Port of Columbia County’s rezone proposal
- 71 business joined Columbia Riverkeeper’s letter to Oregon elected officials asking them to support removing the four Lower Snake River dams
- 238 water quality samples collected at Columbia River beaches
- 400 students who experienced bilingual (English and Spanish) environmental education through Columbia Riverkeeper’s outreach program
- 24 “Conoce tu Columbia” bilingual (Spanish/English) podcasts and radio shows produced by Columbia Riverkeeper
Cleaning Up Hanford
- 200+ people participated in the 2022 Hanford Journey, a day-long event along the Columbia’s shores co-sponsored by Yakama Nation and Columbia Riverkeeper
- 1000+ Columbia Riverkeeper members and supporters advocated for improvements to the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s proposed Hanford Nuclear Site cleanup plans
- 75,000 pounds of illegal toxic pollution prevented by Columbia Riverkeeper’s Clean Water Act lawsuits
- $2.5+ million polluters paid in penalties to nonprofit organizations as a result of our lawsuit settlements
Ways to Give
Columbia Riverkeeper is committed to maximizing every donation to fight for clean water. Giving to a local organization ensures your money is put to work here. Your donations are powering victories to protect the places you love. In addition to donating online or mailing a check, you can set up monthly giving, donate stocks, cryptocurrency, or property. More and more people are making tax-smart donations from IRAs and retirement accounts, or leaving a legacy gift for clean water. If you have ideas or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 541-399-9119, or visit columbiariverkeeper.org/ways-give.
Read our Annual Report now
Or explore our interactive version