We work shoulder to shoulder with people in dozens of diverse communities.
River communities are protecting the Columbia—whether fighting David-versus-Goliath battles against the fossil fuel industry or testing water quality to empower people to swim safely. Together, people are making a difference for clean water and strong salmon runs.
We work with river communities to:
- Protect people from an onslaught of fossil fuel terminals like fracked gas, oil-by-rail, and coal export.
- Test water quality at popular beaches.
- Stop toxic pollution.
- Break barriers to participation and engage diverse communities to protect clean water.
- Advocate for cleanup of the most contaminated site in the Western Hemisphere, the Hanford Nuclear Site.
- Tap the power of the people—and the courts—to fight for strong salmon runs.
- Restore river habitat and inspire the next generation of river stewards.
Proposed GTN XPress gas pipeline expansion will negatively impact communities across the region, locking us into more fossil fuel dependency. Tell authorities (FERC) to deny the project!