We work shoulder to shoulder with people in dozens of diverse communities.
River communities are protecting the Columbia—whether fighting David-versus-Goliath battles against the fossil fuel industry or testing water quality to empower people to swim safely. Together, people are making a difference for clean water and strong salmon runs.
We work with river communities to:
- Protect people from an onslaught of fossil fuel terminals like fracked gas, oil-by-rail, and coal export.
- Test water quality at popular beaches.
- Stop toxic pollution.
- Break barriers to participation and engage diverse communities to protect clean water.
- Advocate for cleanup of the most contaminated site in the Western Hemisphere, the Hanford Nuclear Site.
- Tap the power of the people—and the courts—to fight for strong salmon runs.
- Restore river habitat and inspire the next generation of river stewards.
Learn firsthand how people in river communities are protecting clean water and our climate.